Revenge




Hunger for revenge

My beautiful life was stolen by him

His destruction my life’s only purpose

In jail spent I years most precious

The injustice of it has made me grim


For a wicked deed committed by him

Was I accused of crime cold and callous

My beautiful life was stolen by him

His destruction my life’s only purpose


A smart and merry lad, handsome and trim

No care in life, rich and industrious

A wife pretty, well read and gracious

Fortune had my life filled full to the brim

My beautiful life was stolen by him


Revenge served on a platter

This is the day for which I have waited

His fate has been handed into my hand

The hole under the wall I have sighted

This is the day for which I have waited

If the jailer were told what he wanted

to do, then would he in deep trouble land

This is the day for which I have waited

His fate has been handed into my hand


Taste of Revenge

My soul has burnt in life’s hot red furnace

In his utter ruin and destruction

Finally have I found source of solace


When the jailer disposes of his case

Like me, will he spend life in detention

My soul has burnt in life’s hot red furnace


I long to see the despair on his face

Sweet vengeance will give me satisfaction

Finally have I found source of solace


But will his plight my tales of woe erase?

Can I regain my life’s lost perfection?

My soul has burnt in life’s hot red furnace.


Forgiveness can only my woes efface

Bitter vengeance is no retribution

Finally have I found source of solace


Through suffering does one gain divine grace

This was my rite of purification

My soul has burnt in life’s hot red furnace

Finally have I found source of solace


26 comments:

Nanka said...

Can feel the seething within and also like the debate in the mind. You have done a marvelous combination of various forms of poetry and I admire your simplicity in writing with a very powerful impact.Complicated words does not make a fine write but I love your choice of words which gives the desired effect!!

Well written The Fool!!

T F Carthick said...

Thanks a lot, Nanka. Your right. In my previous ballad I used too many flowery words trying to sound Shakesperean. Maybe thats why it did not work. This time I have been careful not to use too omplex words.

Brijender Singh said...

You are right in calling it a ballad-its poetic lilt is judiciously complemented by the message it carries.
A very compelling composition-maybe I am exceeding my brief here but I feel that a comparison with "The Ballad of Reading Gaol" would not be too much off the mark.

Sunjoo Krishna said...

Nicely done. Each verse is compact and well thought out.

T F Carthick said...

Thanks for such a flattering comparison, Brijender. I had not read Oscar Wilde's piece. I checked it out after you mentioned. Really amazing one.

T F Carthick said...

Thanks Sunjoo.

Pavil said...

Thanks for the information on the different poetry forms. I loved the post. I suggest, shift the writer's note to the start rather than ending the post with it.

T F Carthick said...

Thanks, Pavil. Taken your advice.

aativas said...

Never knew about these poetry forms
:-(.. so that is a good knowledge gain for me.
And of course the lines express the emotions beautifully.

aayanman said...

The mood,setiment,and underlying pain has been captured quite well.The flow of the narrative is wonderful. Overall good to see such innovation and creativity in such limited parameters.

the critics said...

great piece of work i loved it/ .four different poetic forms . . .understanding them putting in the syllablic and iambic form is some amazing work u have done .... i am sure its hours of hardship. . . . .loved it . . and the message it delivered was impeccable

CookieCrumbsInc. said...

Ah, I have never been one for poetry but this is so well-written, I HAVE to applaud:)

Good luck!

T F Carthick said...

Thanks a lot, aativas, Gyanban, the crtic and Priyanka.

Vikram Pyati said...

Very well written. I really liked the third part of the poem "Taste of Revenge". One really wants the taste to be sweet, but a lot of times it is not.

s said...

Must say, I have never been an ardent fan of peotry, but if this is poetry then I'm hooked. Somehow complicated words turn me off unless it is one of those poets of long ago. I love your simple words and the repeated lines emphasized the fury within without that over-crowding feeling some poems give me...Brilliant!

Sunil Padiyar said...

Very well written... All the best for BAT..

Someone is Special said...

You have succeeded in all forms TF.. I love your poetry.. All the Best..

Someone is Special

T F Carthick said...

Thanks a lot, Shilpa, Sunil and SIS.

Aashish Sood said...

@TF: I am no great shakes when it comes to poetry and have tried my hand only once in this genre... So just my basic impression:

AWesome stuff! mast hai! not much idea about styles etc; but the thing that was described was very well done!

"ATB for the BAT...

Read mine at Revenge is best when served cold

Regards
Wandering Thoughts "

Lynette Killam said...

I have not written in any of the three forms you've shown us here, but I do think all three of these poems are wonderful! They are tight, concise and lyrical...all needed to make an impression on the reader.Great job...

T F Carthick said...

Thanks a lot, Aashish and Lynette.

Sadiya Merchant said...

cant imagine hw much effort u took wid dis.
brilliant creative :)

T F Carthick said...

Thanks, Sadiya.

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

well expressed sentiments.
powerful revenge piece.
Thanks for linking.

Anonymous said...

You did a great job working diffferent forms of poetry in this work. The flow was great and I enjoyed reading this very much. Congratulations!

California Ink In Motion

T F Carthick said...

Thanks a lot, Morning and themslvh

Post a Comment

Kind words of appreciation/feedback

For whom the bell tolls

A book of faces