Alice in wonderland



I just did what I do best. I took your little plan and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets. Hmmm? You know… You know what I’ve noticed? Nobody panics when things go “according to plan.” Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it’s all “part of the plan.” But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!

The above words from Joker in the movie ‘Dark Knight’ best summarize the effect Alice in Wonderland had on me when I read it the first time at the age of 12.

Ckick here to read the rest of the review on my Fantasy Blog.

8 comments:

dvirada said...

I had vowed not to read a book review again for few more months to come, as I had the chance to be the judge for a 'Book Review Contest' for around 175 entries.

Though the role was interesting, it kinda started getting monotonous. Your review was a welcome break! You have very well balanced perspective and there is no sign of prejudice.

Also the kind of books you have reviewed are close to my heart. One might laugh to know i still am a fan of Oz series;)

And Alice In Wonderland takes me down the verdant memory lane. I used to insanely wait for the series of shows i can watch on DD on every Sunday. Sigh! Gone are those days.

The Fool said...

Thanks for you comments. Even I still read children's books.Good to know there are other like me. Only last week i had got to know one more person like that on the blog-o-sphere

Anonymous said...

Very nice review.... loved many of the conversion in the book.. one of them you already mentioned in your review..
Another classic line from the book which I loved the most is this "if you don't know where you are going any road will get you there." :)

T F Carthick said...

Thanks Sayed,

LHInsights said...

another beautifully reviewed piece...nice point u raised about the quotes attracting all kinds of readers n not limiting it to only the 'eccentric' types!

did read it in a simplified version from my school library but now i wanna read the 'real' once again...thanks for sharing this..

T F Carthick said...

Thanks LHInsights. Someone commenting on this review after such a long time. Do check out my other reviews as well.

LHInsights said...

another beautifully reviewed piece...nice point u raised about the quotes attracting all kinds of readers n not limiting it to only the 'eccentric' types!

did read it in a simplified version from my school library but now i wanna read the 'real' once again...thanks for sharing this..

Anonymous said...

great review!!

Post a Comment

Kind words of appreciation/feedback

For whom the bell tolls

A book of faces